Venue: Committee Room 6, Civic Offices. View directions
Contact: Shaun Banks (Telephone 01793 463606) email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
Resolved – That Councillor Doreen Dart Chair this meeting of the Panel.
(Councillor Dart took the Chair.)
Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded that at the start of the meeting they should declare any known interests in any matter to be considered, and also during the meeting if it becomes apparent that they have an interest in the matters being discussed.
The Chair reminded Members of the need to declare any known interests in any matters to be considered at the meeting. No declarations were made.
The Panel considered (a) a report of the Council’s Licensing Officer setting out a request from Wiltshire Constabulary for a review of the Premises Licence of Liquid and Envy Nightclub, Havelock Square, Swindon, (b) written submissions from Wiltshire Constabulary in support of their application, (c) oral representations from Sian Kalynk and P.C. Andy Alexander (Wiltshire Constabulary), in support of their application, (e) written submissions from Poppleston Allen supporting their client’s appeal, (f) the comments of Popleston Allen (representing Luninar) and Mr. Danny Mason (Designated Premises Supervisor) in support of their appeal, (g) questions to and answers received from officers Wiltshire Constabulary, and representatives of Luminar relating to their submissions, and (h) the Council’s procedure for licensing hearings, Government Guidance and the Council’s Licensing Policy.
Resolved – That after considering: -
1. The application for review and the evidence in support submitted by the Wiltshire Police; and
2. Representations and material put forward on behalf of the Licensee;
And taking into account: -
1. The Secretary of State’s Guidance; and
2. The Licensing Authority Licensing Statement:
And having in mind the promotion of the Licensing Objectives in particular: -
i. The prevention of crime and disorder;
ii. Public safety; and
iii. The prevention of public nuisance
The Panel has determined the following: -
The Licence shall be subject to the following additional and/or modified conditions: -
1. From 2230 on Thursdays and Saturdays and on other nights of the week when the number of persons in the venue reaches 450 the following number of door supervisors will be provided: -
a. Two door staff positioned at the entrance of the premises and one at the top of the stairs monitoring the VIP area, cloakroom and stairs;
b. One doorman in the Liquid Room overlooking the dance floor, two overseeing the bar areas and one floating around Liquid;
c. One doorman positioned in the smoking area and one on the other side of the VIP area;
d. When Envy is open, a minimum of two door staff within Envy
If there are any special events then door staff numbers will be determined on a risk assessment basis.
All door staff will be SIA registered and will wear high visibility clothing at all times.
2. A minimum of two floor walkers will be used at the premises to ensure that any bottles and glasses are collected promptly and will immediately report any person who is intoxicated to door staff so that their safe removal from the premises can be undertaken. Floorwalkers are to use the light pen system to record their checks.
3. The Licensee shall implement a ‘Challenge 21’ Policy so that any person who appears to be under the age of 21 shall be asked to produce approved identification and verification of their age. Approved identification shall include a photo drivers licence, Passport or other government issued identity card or a PASS accredited (such as Citizen Card) proof of age card or its successors.
4. All staff shall be fully trained ... view the full minutes text for item 33.
©2012 Swindon Borough Council. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions