The Cabinet Member for Sustainability, Strategic Planning, Property and Transport and the Deputy Chief Executive and Group Director, Environment Regeneration and Community submitted a joint report concerning issues associated with the undertaking of a review of the ongoing provision of signalised junctions and pedestrian crossings in Swindon, and to respond to the Motion at Council on 11th November 2010 on this issue.
Councillor Peter Greenhalgh, Cabinet Member for Sustainability, Strategic Planning, Property and Transport, explained that Councillor Stan Pajak, the mover of the Council motion, was unable to attend the meeting. However, he believed the issues associated with the Council Motion regarding the removal of signalised junctions and crossings, and the costs associated with undertaking a review and subsequent action were clearly expressed in the joint report.
Resolved – (1) That the Motion put forward at the Council meeting on the 11th November 2010 seeking a review of signalised junctions, be noted.
(2) That the issues associated with a review of the ongoing provision of traffic signalised junctions and signalised pedestrian crossings in Swindon, as referred to in the joint report, be noted.
(3) That the Director of Planning and Transport be authorised to undertake a phased review of a selected number of traffic signal sites as part of the development of Local Transport Plan 3 (LTP3), and it be noted that this would comprise -
· Stage 2 Review as set out in Appendix C to the joint report.
(4) That Cabinet Member for Sustainability, Strategic Planning, Property and Transport, in consultation with the Director of Planning and Transport, be authorised to determine the expediency of moving from one stage of the review process to the next.
(5) That the Council be advised of the contents of the joint report and of the recommendations set out in (1) to (4) above in response to the Council Motion of 11th November 2010.
The reasons for the decision and alternative options are as set out in the report to the meeting.
©2012 Swindon Borough Council. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions